Please indicate your interest by Friday, April 3 at 5:00 PM
METRAC is convening a Toronto Safe City Committee to identify safety changes and initiatives to prevent and reduce violence against women and vulnerable populations at high risk of physical and sexual violence in the city. This committee will serve as a voice to help Toronto leaders, decision-makers, planners, law enforcement and service providers understand diverse communities’ crime prevention and safety needs and the most appropriate ways of addressing them.
Committee Composition: committee members will be selected based on:
- interest in mobilizing on issues of gender-based violence
- geographic representation, experiences and diversity (e.g. age, ability, race, sexuality, income level) and gender balance
- representation from: organizations serving survivors of violence, women’s shelters, those committed to civic engagement, equity-seeking groups, community-led and place-based community serving organizations, youth groups, employment agencies, health agencies, law enforcement, city staff, community safety initiatives, urban planners and academics
Time commitment: approximately one meeting per month.
In a word document, please respond to the following:
1. List your name and contact details (email and phone number).
2. State why you want to be a part of the committee and what skills, knowledge or experience (work, volunteer and/or lived) you would bring to it (maximum 500 words).
Send questions and applications to Anoodth Naushan, Community Safety Coordinator at METRAC, by April 3 at 5:00 PM.
Fax 416-392-3136 | Phone 416-392-3031
Mail METRAC, 158 Spadina Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5R 2T8
Funding provided by the City of Toronto